Monday, May 5, 2008

WELCOME TO THE ROCK BARBARIAN'S WORLD

What you'll find here are discussions and links to music that aren't commercially available. Most of these will be live, with some demos, versions, and so on that haven't been done in box sets. And exactly what kind of music? ROCK!

I'm almost fifty years old. I remember when the Beatles first appeared on the Ed Sullivan show. I remember when Led Zeppelin's first album was released. I remember rock from the seventies and eighties (some now sadly forgotten) that rocked the world. This blog will reflect my tastes, but I'll also take requests--and fulfill them, if I have them.

While most of what you see here will be live rock, I will post albums not easily available commercially, in the hopes that the commercial companies will see the potential. Almost every post will be at 320kps--unless someone out there wishes to donate a separate Rapidshare account for 192kps downloads--frankly, I can't afford it.

Here, you will find groups like the Beatles (and their individual efforts), Led Zeppelin, the Doors, Procul Harum, Deep Purple, Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, Yes, Aerosmith, Rush, Styx, Kansas, Queen, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Black Sabbath, Heart, Rolling Stones, Iron Butterfly, Jimi Hendrix, Bruce Springsteen, Van Morrison, Ted Nugent, Black Oak Arkansas, Robert Cray, Mountain, Meat Loaf, Joe Cocker, Foghat, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers Band, Rainbow, Triumph, Tower of Power, Chicago, Sly and the Family Stone, Loggins and Messina, James Taylor, Billy Idol, Henry Gross, Fleetwood Mac, Duran Duran, U2, the Bee Gees, Seals and Crofts, Duke Jupiter, Bad Company, Paul Rodgers, Mott the Hoople, Ian Hunter, Rick Derringer, Elton John, Bob Dylan, Pat Travers, Eagles, Linda Ronstadt, Blondie, Jimmy Buffett, Johnny Van Zant, Steely Dan, Boston, Eric Clapton--and I've barely even TOUCHED on the eighties!

I'll start soon, but for now, bookmark this site!

No comments: